- Monday to Friday (Possible mandatory weekend)
- 1st shift 6am-5:30pm
- 2nd shift 6pm-5:30am
Description: Inspecting, driving and parking of vehicles
Our client provides a variety of services for auto manufacturers, including loading and unloading new vehicles onto rail cars, installing accessories, body repair, and general vehicle inspection and processing. Our client is currently seeking to expand their third shift yard associate crew.
The Yard Associate duties include moving vehicles for processing and prepping car for release to rail or haul-away carriers. Move vehicle from staging area to shipping bay location. (To include but not limited to washing vehicles, and conducting PDI (Pre-delivery inspection) to ensure quality standard are met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure vehicles are parked in proper locations
- Drives vehicles to and from specified locations
- Inspects cars to detect damage
- Park new vehicles in assigned areas according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Move vehicles from staging areas to shipping bay location
- Ensure yard quality standards are maintained
- Train new associates and temporary workers
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must adhere to safety procedures
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Duties also include but not limited to washing vehicles, and conducting inspection to ensure quality standard are met.
Qualifications and Skills
AHG is a drug free workplace, all candidates are subject to a screening process before hire in
- Candidate must be able to read and write English
- Candidate must have a current valid driver's license (no more than 2 moving violations in the past 6 months and no more than 3 in the last 3 years)
- Candidate must be able to pass a driving safety test
- Able to drive both standard (stick) and automatic automobile vehicles and past onsite drivers test to access manual (stick shift proficiency)
- Able to stand, walk, and work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to lift 35 to 40 pounds